As a tenant, it is important to fulfill your responsibilities. This means being compliant with the lease, as well as guest policies.
motenanthelpLast updated 07/19/2023
In this page
Responsibilities as a tenant
- Pay rent when it is due.
- Throw out trash and clean your home so your home does not attract rodents or bugs.
- Take care of your home and do not purposely damage your home.
- Use the plumbing, electricity and appliances in a reasonable way.
Lease and occupancy compliance
- If you have a written lease, follow the terms of the lease.
- Do not bother other tenants.
- Follow local municipal codes. Obtain an occupancy permit if the municipality requires an occupant (you) to obtain it.
- Allow the landlord entry into your home to make repairs, provided the landlord gives reasonable notice.
Guest and occupancy policies
- Make sure your guests follow all rules when visiting your home.
- If your lease limits who can live with you, do not allow people to live with you who are not listed on the lease.